Friday, May 8, 2015

Get Your Geek On

5/9/2015  1:14 AM

So I'm a geek and I know it.  I mean I watch BBC America because it plays Doctor Who and Star Trek: The Next Generation.  I am a huge fan of both of those shows and have been since I was little.

 I guess I have been a gothic nerd/geek since I was born.  I grew up listening to Styx, AC/DC, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Pink Floyd and all of the other bands which paved the walk way for all the heavy metal bands known today by today's youth.

I have been brought up on the arts, reading, writing, drawing, music and when I have children they will be brought up in a similar fashion as I was because I felt it allowed me to grow and become who I am today no matter how much others tell me I am wrong.  I will allow my children to be as bright, colorful, creative, and individualized as they want because I will not have children who follow the social norms because it is easy and there is no work involved.

 I want them to find themselves within their imagination like I did, and when they come home explaining how people have been mean to them because of how they act, dress, speak or anything they do I will cuddle them close and tell them it will be okay simply because I am okay and I went through the exact same thing when I was their age.  I will tell them they are just scared of their creativity and not sure how to take them because they are all the same and they don't know how to take things that are different but they will come to understand at some point.  Till then just tough it out and be yourself because you are perfectly imperfect and always will be.

And if that makes me weird and an uber geek then so be it!  I will let my Freak Flag Fly and Get My Geek On till the day I die and I don't care who dislikes me because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment