Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fruits and veggies are your friends

Fruits and veggies are your friends unless you are on the Standard American Diet or SAD for short.  Then fruits and veggies are your worst enemy because 'they don't taste good', 'they're to expensive', 'there's no protein in them so why eat them', 'they're carbs and carbs are bad.'  All of the preceding statements I even thought were true at one point and time in my life.  This of course was before I went vegetarian about four months ago.

When I first started I used cheese on EVERYTHING that was an unfamiliar vegetable but now I have learned that the flavor of veggies are unique  and delicious.

I did this for health reasons and I may not see the shifting of major pounds on the scales but I am feeling a lot better.  It's a daily struggle but I will be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment