Tuesday, June 2, 2015

On my mind recently

6/3/2015 1:21 A.M.

Okay so I know the jury is still out on how people are reacting to Caitlyn Jenner making her debut in this world but I agree with those people who consider her a hero because she is a hero in the transgender community because she spoke out and said "This is who I am and who I have always been".  For some people in the community that is something they could never do to their family and close friends let alone the entire world as she did.

Just because she wasn't a solider who was in the line of duty and got injured like Noah Galloway or any other solider past present and future doesn't mean she isn't a hero.  Hero's come in all shapes and sizes, I have saved a few of my friends from committing suicide, people see me as a hero for it.  A friend of mine saved kids on his school bus after is wrecked, Caitlyn is a voice for people and a role model in the trans community now and that is heroic.  For people to say she isn't a hero is a form of bullying to be honest to those people who think she is.

I think religion and personal views need to be left at the door on this one because if I believe she is a hero no one can tell me she isn't because of who she used to be or because of "God's Law" or whatever else people want to say.  My heros are not your heros and they never will be.  You believe she isn't a hero because of X, Y, Z but I believe she is because of X, Y, Z.  You have your opinion and I have mine, do not shove your opinion down my throat and I won't shove mine down yours.

If she is not your hero that is fine but don't tell people they can't see her as a hero because of her choices, who she was, your religious views, your social standings, your political views or anything because we are all entitled to our opinions and our feelings on certain things.  You can write about your opinion as I am doing now.

If you think you can shove your opinion down my throat you are wrong because as the human species we have the ability and need to form our own opinions and beliefs about the world and individuals therefor if you try you will be met with more resistance than you ever could imagine and I will blatantly tell you to back off of my views, beliefs and opinions because they are mine and no one can make me believe something I don't believe in just as I can not make you believe in something you don't believe in.

Respect eachother's opinions and beliefs because we are individuals and create our own beliefs and opinions because our brains are not all the same.  Tell about why she isn't your hero but don't tell others she isn't their hero too simply because you don't see her as one.

Acceptance is key in this day and age, accept other's choices and move on, don't wallow in pity and hatred, understand that your choices are not theirs and Caitlyn chose what was best for her because of her beliefs, opinions and feelings.  Coexist people, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment